Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Corky's shirt - continued 01-15-13

I stopped at a Goodwill store today to look for some shirts I could cut up to make a shirt for the Poodle Prince.  I guess I'll have to start saying "shirts", because I found four knit shirts that I think will work well.  Total cost was $18.00.  Much cheaper than buying fabric, I'm sure. 

 
The light blue is all cotton, the green is 95% cotton and 5% spandex, the dark blue and the red are all poly.  The red one has lettering on the back, but there is plenty of fabric to make several shirts out of each of these, even the green ladies top on the right.  I thought I might use the collars for the cuff on the tail of the back, but am not sure how to finish the cut ends.  Ideas?  Unfortunately I have a number of things to work on before I get back to Corky's wardrobe, but eventually he will have more shirts than he will know what to do with.  I wonder which will be his favorite.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

He would look great in the red, but being white anything will look great on him. I would serge the ends, but if you don't have a serger probably zig zag stitch it.
Off to vacuum and annoy my pooch.

Quiltedtime said...

Good idea to recycle some perfectly decent shirts. Corky will love his new wardrobe by Designer Del.

Rayna said...

LOL - I can't wait to see what this couture collection will look like. Maybe you have another career on the horizon...