Monday, August 31, 2015

Home from San Diego 08-31-15

No quilt posting tonight.  Sorry. 
 
 
Yesterday the art quilt group I belong to viewed the SAQA Traveling Trunk show of 50 samples from artists all over the world.  We looked at them individually as they were spread out in my motel room - on the bed, counters, table, night stands!  Then we each selected two that we liked a lot and talked about them.  Of course, some were liked by more than one person, so we all discussed whenever we wanted.  It seemed to me that the chosen pieces were selected for their balanced design rather than the colors or the subject.  It was a worthwhile exercise, I think.  After the meeting we went out to lunch and they presented me with a wonderful chocolate cake topped with a picture of one of my quilts!  Guess one can make one's quilts and eat them, too!   
 
I had a few ladies who are not in the group come in the afternoon to see the samples.  And I shared some chocolate cake with them.  Of course, there was still enough to bring some home. 
 
Altogether a very satisfying day.  It helped that there was A/C as it was hot, even in San Diego, almost on the water.  And then there was the long drive home today.  Some traffic accidents slowed me down a bit, but I also stopped to see Bette Bradley at the facility in Laguna Woods.  She is looking good and the PTherapist has had her walking with her walker.  Not very far, but every little bit counts.  She sees the doctor on Thursday. 
 
Tomorrow is the big 77th and I will be partying all day!  Not really partying, but out for lunch and dinner. 

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday, many happy, healthy more!!!

Karen Rips said...

Happy Birthday Del. 77 years young!

Susan Turney said...

Happy birthday, Del!

Dolores said...

You are one fantastically spry lady and I wish you a happy birthday and lots more!!!!

Loretta said...

(Please, sing with me!)
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Del,
Happy Birthday to you!
May your year be happy and adventurous and may you have many, many more!

Gerrie said...

Hippo birdy two ewes! If you are 77 this month that means I am 77 next month. Where does the time go.

Unknown said...

A very happy, creative wish for you on your birthday.

I so enjoy your postings and reading about your adventures. Never a dull moment!