Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Another "carved" box 09-30-15

When she saw the little fish box I posted last month, http://www.delquilts.blogspot.com/2015/08/three-years-ago-i-took-these-pictures.html 
my friend Mary (who I am visited now) told me she has one of those boxes, only hers is a puffin box titled "In Fine Feather".  Since I am here I took some pictures.  And did some research.  The website is http://www.harmonykingdom.com/ and it gives all info about the way the boxes are made (resin and marble dust) and painted.  It also has pictures and descriptions of the many, many pieces that have been issued over the years.  This puffin box is described at:
 
You will notice in a few of the images that one of the puffin beaks has been broken.  I don't know if this is repairable or not - thought I would do some more research.  Obviously the color has faded quite a bit, but to me that just enhances the mystique. 
 
Looking down on the top of the box.



The very top puffin is the one with the broken beak.
Notice the inscription at the lower left between the puffin feet:
"NOT MADE IN CHINA". 

And here he is again on the left top.
 

 
#   #   #
 
 
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

...and in the fourth picture just above the base is written, "not made in china"
Mary