Saturday, October 3, 2015

Newsletter for Surfside Quilters Guild 10-03-15

I have done newsletters for groups I belong to for quite a few years.  Sometimes I even miss the smell of glue and wax and the clutter of the old fashioned "cut and paste".  Doing a newsletter on the computer is completely different.  Pictures are easy and moving things around takes paying attention, but makes things go quickly.  The Surfside QGuild newsletter runs about twenty pages each month  because of the pictures.  Here are the URLs for September, which has pictures of all forty Challenge quilts, and October, which has ten of the live auction quilts for the November Fest coming up. 

Sep 2015
 
Oct 2015
 
The day the newsletter is posted online I start the next month, so now I am working on November.  My eyes give out on me if I spend too much uninterrupted time on line, so it is better to spread the work out.
#   #   #
 

2 comments:

Jan Hutchison said...

You do an awesome job on your Guild newsletter. Is your newsletter only available online or do you print some? Also, what software do you use? My guild is resistant to going totally to an online newsletter, we still print some for the computer holdouts. I have enjoyed your blog for years and would love to see your collection some day.

Sherrie Spangler said...

You brought back memories of my old journalism days where we each had our own glue pot and scissors in addition to a typewriter. The good old days.