Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fruit Delight 10-01-15

One of the not good things about the "food program" I was on was the lack of fruit.  Until you don't have it you don't realize how much a part of your every day diet it is.  One of my favorite lunches is a mixed fruit salad with a smidgen of mayonnaise.  Of course, just plain fruit is always a good snack.  While I was at Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove the farmers were setting up their Monday evening Farmer's Market in the intersection in front of the Natural History Museum across the street.  So, I walked over to see what looked good.  Everything!  I called Mary, but she couldn't think of anything she needed, so we agreed on blackberries.  I tried a sample and almost swooned away.  So, I bought two baskets to take to Mary.  We had them on vanilla ice cream -  so special.  And the size of the berries was amazing.  I don't think I have ever seen such large ones.
 
This is a regular size teaspoon!

 
By-the-way, I've added a note to yesterday's blog about the puffin box.
#   #   #

No comments: