Saturday, July 28, 2018

Friday Food 07-27-18

Dessert sounds good tonight - or any time!  So, I looked through my picture files and chose these three desserts.  I don't always have dessert when I dine out, but if I do, I usually photograph it.  I've done it since I took a trip to England in 1990 and one of the ladies on the tour took pictures of almost all of her food.  She said she did it so she could remember all the great meals she had.  If I hadn't taken these pictures, I would not have remembered these special desserts.  

A berry tart - delicious.  Book Group dessert at Teresa's  02-19-14 

Restaurant made vanilla ice cream with a chocolate fish and triangle cookie.
The Fish Company in Rossmore, CA    06-28-12

A special occasion dessert at Solare in San Diego  9-26-17
The title was in Italian, but it meant salami with ice cream with the salami part being chocolate with pistachios and nuts that looks like salami. 

And here is a detail.  I don't remember what the little flecks were in the ice cream, but I do remember that is was one of the most delicious desserts I have eaten.  

And YES, I did go to See's and bought a box of 12 of my favorites.  I will stretch them out for the next six days, because I can't just eat one! 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love these photos! I remember the salami. Let’s go back!