Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Too hot to even think! 07-24-18

I seem to be suffering in the heat these days, more than ever before.  It was 100F in Placentia, CA, today with humidity in the 70s.  I take KoKo for a walk before 7am and in the evening at 7pm or when the temp drops below 80F, tonight it was still 82F at 9:15pm, but we went for a walk anyway.  Fortunately, there was a breeze so it was okay while we walked, but back home I was sweating big time.  The Disney fireworks start around 9:45pm and KoKo is still frightened by them, so we need to be in the house before they start.  Even he can't hear them with the doors and windows closed. 

I have a friend who is giving up her sewing completely because she and husband are going to move to a retirement facility.  Her daughter called me today and asked if I could help dispose of everything.  I'm going at 8:30am in the morning to see what there is and what I can do with it.  Some will go to the Visions Veranda Sale in August and some to the Surfside QGuild November Fest.  Although where I will put it until then is a mystery yet to be considered. 

The kids in the cul de sac across the street are big on drawing with chalk on the sidewalk.  Of course, since it won't rain until (maybe August) October their efforts will be with us for a while.   This one is somewhat mysterious, I hope it isn't obscene and I don't recognize it!

#   #   #

No comments: