Thursday, July 26, 2018

Miscellaneous 07-26-18

The blog statistics are just weird.  Look at this one from yesterday 07-25-18:
There is no possible way anyone, or several anyone(s), looked at 1293 pages in my blog in one day.  Last week when I wrote about the stats it was Germany with ridiculous reported readers and nobody in Germany looked at even one page yesterday.  It just isn't logical.  I don't know why I even look!

I am fond of poke restaurants and my favorite is in Irvine around the intersection of I-5 and Jamboree Road.  It is called H2O and I sometimes stop on the way home from south county or San Diego to pick up a poke bowl to bring home for dinner.
  

A poke bowl, in case you are not familiar with it, is a bowl of either rice or salad greens topped with a choice of different raw fish and veggies and several different sauces.  I like salmon and scallops with edamame, mango, cucumber, corn and sometimes seaweed salad, topped with their special sauce and masago and sesame seeds.   With the size of the bowl at H2O, I always have some leftover for breakfast or lunch the next day.   Tonight I went to dinner with a friend at The Good Fish in Placentia.  It was good, but I didn't like it as much as H2O, however, it is only about a mile away where as H2O is more like 27 miles away.  So, now I have a place to go that is a little closer and I will go there when I am not driving back from south county or SDiego. 

The groomer was backed up today when I took KoKo for a bath and trim.  So, we rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 9am.   There is a new See's Candy store in the same block.  So, convenient.  Much better than driving over to Fullerton.  I may stop in the morning and pick up something wonderful.  Do I need it?  NO.  Will I eat it?  But yes!  Just a couple bites with a glass of cold milk.  It may revive me from the continuing heat.  Which I am not going to bitch about, but it is going on forever.  

#   #   #

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was one of the 574...
I check your blog regularly for a shot of something pretty or interesting.
Amy in Austin

Anonymous said...

I read your blog almost every day. I love the variety of subjects, especially when you go on a road trip. And all your quilts.
Thank you from the U.K.

Rebecca said...

Just last night, in my local sushi restaurant, I noticed they have a poke menu. That was new to me!

Those statistics are odd. I wonder what is going on. A humorous blogger sometimes mentions looking up what phrases (in a search engine) brought people to her blog. There are some very strange things there!

I think See's is a "California native" thing? I enjoyed going to Chuao when it was new and special. Now there are many local chocolatiers.