Monday, July 23, 2018

Monday Browsing 07-23-18

I haven't done much browsing lately since I have started working on a quilt - the first one in a year and a half.  Oh, I've done some little things but this one is 24" wide x 36" long.  Doesn't compare to the large quilts I have made in my lifetime, but I am having to learn some things all over again.  Sewing skills are like a lot of other skills, use it or lose it! 
Of course, when it is so hot it is hard to keep the perspiration from dripping on everything.  I do have A/C, but subscribe to the Edison program that lets them cycle A/C units when the  power use is getting too high.  They only turn it off (they say) for about 20 minutes, but they can do it several times a day.  I save at least a hundred dollars on my electric bill and help avoid brown or black outs.  All my other power stays on, just the A/C is cycled. 

Here are a few things I have come across online.





Stay cool, stay hydrated, stay in the shade!

#   #   #


1 comment:

sonja said...

Del, you find the most interesting things to share.I for one read and enjoy your blog as a big art and fabric nut. i recognize many of the artist you follow. what a resource that is! be well, Sonja