Saturday, July 28, 2018

Miscellaneous, again 07-28-18

Not much to say except to bitch about the heat!  KoKo and I go walking between 6:45am and 7am in the morning and in the evening anytime the temp drops below 80F.  Today was cooler, only 88F, and we walked at 79F at 8:15pm.

Here is the little guy near my feet, but not ON them tonight.  The black thing in the lower right is the wheel on my desk chair. 

I read a newsletter from the BBC called Six Things to Read This Week, which has a different view on the world than anything USA newsletter/bulletin that I see.  You might enjoy it, too.  Yesterday they posted this interesting story about solar power in Africa:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20171009-rural-rwanda-is-home-to-a-pioneering-new-solar-power-idea
If you want to try it out go to:
http://pages.emails.bbc.com/subscribe/?ocid=fut.bbc.email.we.email-signup
The subjects are quite varied and cover many aspects of life, I just skip the ones about rugby and socccer, but you might enjoy those.  

I haven't eaten all my See's candy, but it is temptinng. 

Thank you for the comments from those of you who post anonymously.  I appreciate that you read my blog.  
#   #   #




2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'll send you my valentine candy! It's very good but I have been eliminating processed sugar from my diet. Every once in awhile a cookie and a Pepsi. Diabetes can make you do things you never thought possible! Bob and I head out early too and late after dinner when the sidewalks have cooled. We are enjoying 80° temps this week with rain. Have a good week Del.

Dolores said...

Well, I'm with you - I am so tired of this heat. I've been in Europe for a month and it was pretty hot as they also have humidity. A lot of Europe is on water rationing - don't see much green. Even Norway!!! The bay area has't been too bad since I've come home - YAY!!! Have a good week. XX