Monday, October 7, 2019

Did you ever have one of THOSE DAYS?

When so many things go wrong you think maybe you should just go back to bed?  Today was that way for me. 

I took KoKo for his walk early so I could take the two neighbor boys to school at 7:20am.  But I didn't dress to go out for the day until we finished our walk. So, I wasn't wearing the new earrings I bought in Carlsbad on Thursday until I got in the car.  Later I discovered I was missing one - OH NO!   It had to be in the car or in the house because I hadn't been anywhere else.  During the day I looked both places and looked again and again.  FINALLY I found it using a flashlight, it was on the floor in the family room.  Good thing KoKo didn't find it first.  

Then I went to CVS to pick up prescriptions and a few other things.  They no longer make the multi vitamin I have taken for several years, so I spent a lot of time comparing the ingredients and looking at the size of the HUGE tablets.  Finally decided.  Then when I got home I discovered I still have another bottle of the old ones. The new ones will probably expire before I need them.  GROAN.
In addition the freezer cases at CVS were a no-op, so I couldn't use the Ben & Jerry's coupon.  Later in the day I went to the local ice cream parlor and ate a hot fudge sundae with walnuts.  Instead of dinner! 

At CVS I put my purchases in the car, stuck the key in the ignition and the metal part separated from the plastic part.  Couldn't make the little bit of metal sticking out turn on the car, but I did get it out of the keyhole.  Had to call a friend to pick me up, take me home to pick up the spare key and drive me back to CVS.  Who regularly carries two sets of keys?  I do when I travel, but not at home.  At least I remembered where to find it!  

I was afraid to sew or cut lest I damage myself, so I sat down with KoKo and read my current book.  "The Crow Trap" by Ann Cleeve.  It is the first book in the Vera series and I have already read the rest of them.  

Tomorrow is the Surfside Quilters Guild meeting in San Clemente.  I sure hope it is a better day.  

#   #   #

4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Lots of annoyances in your day. Hopefully today is better. You should be able to return the vitamins if you didn't open the bottle.

Loretta said...

Thank you for the book tip....I'm at last starting at the beginning of a series and I love VERA's PBS series. The e-book version is on hold for me!

You had a day of adventures....a bit of a break from the routine...that's good for the brain to have to recalculate life!!! Take care and stay well.

Gerrie said...

I am pretty sure Mercury is in Retrograde!! Hope today is better.

Sherrie Spangler said...

i advise more ice cream.