Thursday, October 10, 2019

The "plague" continues 10-10-19

After my terrible Monday I hoped I'd done with bad luck.  Wrong!  I had an appointment with the hygienist yesterday morning, but got caught in terrible traffic and was going to be late so I called to tell them and the snippy lady said they would have to reschedule me.  She gave me an appointment at 2:30pm (at least it was the same day) and I went about my day.  When I got in the car to leave, my battery was dead.  I called the office and they were at lunch, so I just told them why I wouldn't be there and I would reschedule at some later day.  I have been going to this office for over twenty years and have never missed an appointment and only been a few minutes late a couple times.  

On a good note my battery had a 41 month warranty and it was dead at 40 months.  So, there was a tiny credit.  

What does one do when the quality of the pictures transferred to a blog is poor.  The color yesterday was so washed out and I messed around trying to improve it, to no avail.  The fabrics that look orange are mostly red and there are not really many lights in the stack.  Oh, how I miss Picasa.  I may have to break down and go to Photo Shop.  

Wind is howling here, but we still have power.  I don't live in a high fire prone area, but there are such areas within a few miles.  Hope nobody throws out a cigarette butt anywhere. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

At least your battery died BEFORE the warranty expired! Dodged Murphy's Law there.

I read about PG&E shutting off power in the Bay area yesterday, and saw winds in our weather forecast for today, but they haven't really started yet. I now understand the dislike of the Santa Ana winds (and love Raymond Chandler's description of their effect on people).

Stay safe.