Sunday, October 6, 2019

The snowman quilt is finished 10-06-19

You would think I was creating a giant complicated quilt, wouldn't you?  After working on it and talking about it for weeks it is finally finished and it is only about 15" square! 

My friend Toni is no longer able to sew and this was in her UFOs.  She did the piecing, machine appliqued the snowman, sewed on the border, and started quilting the background log cabin block.  I took it from there, finished the machine quilting, added beads and buttons, binding, and sleeve.  I imagine it isn't what either of us would have made on our own!  

It will go to Surfside Quilters Guild for the big fundraiser "November Fest", along with the coasters I quilted, and eleven feet of yoyo cranberry garland for a Christmas tree. I did not do a raffle basket of thread this year, maybe next. 





I am taking pictures with my cell phone, but can't get the color right.  It is much brighter than this.  Sorry.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

The quilt is lovely and FINISHED! Perfect for the guild's fundraiser!