Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday Food 10-11-19

Last week I had lunch with friends at Solare at Liberty Station in San Diego.  It is in the same block as Visions Art Museum, but at the other corner.  I took the advice of my friend and ordered the Portofino, which is seared yellowfin tuna, lettuce heart, green beans, caper berries, free range organic boiled egg, and purple potatoes cooked under sea salt.  It was excellent.  I especially enjoyed the sour whole caper berries which I have only been served a couple of times in the past.  
The other lady in the group had the Caesar salad with chicken and the dressing on the side.  

I have always enjoyed the food at Solare, but it is pricey.  We also ate on the patio since it was such a lovely day.  However, the planes taking off from SDiego airport are deafening, I won't do that again! 


#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

I loved our rainy day like nah there! Your plate looks like a composition.