Sunday, October 20, 2019

In

In San Diego tonight.  I drove down this afternoon (three hours) to attend the opening of the new exhibits at Visions Art Museum and am spending the night at HIE for a meeting of an art group tomorrow.   The traffic was terrible, as it usually is on a Saturday after noon, but that is what I could do this trip.  As I mosied along I had time to look at the scenery, which is pretty drab this time of year.  And I thought about visitors who think they will have views of the Pacific Ocean as they drive on I-5.  Not so.  The land is fairly flat and the view is of stretches of dried vegetations with an occasional distant glimpse of the ocean.  
Even dried up flower stalks. 

That dark grey line between the dried landscape and the sky is the ocean.

Stuck in traffic (with a dead bug on the windshield) the ocean is visible on the far right. 

More of the same.

This is about the best view toward the middle of Camp Pendleton. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I do wish getting from SF to Visions was an easier trip. I'm missing visiting Visions, which has been and is having wonderful exhibits. I'm finding traveling is harder and harder taking much too much time and energy. I would love it to be much better. My friend in SD says she knows folks to leave very late at night and travel north during the night to make the trip shorter and less nerve racking! My last trip down I drove back ElCamino to avoid some of the traffic. Even stopping at traffic lights makes the trip easier and no, not even slower! The new exhibit at Visions sounds exciting. Please send photos! Take care.