Monday, October 21, 2019

Returning from San Diego 10-21-19

Driving down to San Diego on Saturday was a struggle (3 hours), but driving back (also 3 hours) wasn't half bad.  There was an accident on I-5 somewhere around Leucadia and the GPS that I use (WAZE) routed me off the Interstate onto the old Pacific Coast Highway which runs right along the shore and through several small beach towns.  It was very interesting, I doubt that I have driven that stretch of road for over 35 years, and in some ways it is the same.  But in other ways, like wider roadways and multiple traffic signals and more condos, it is the same after all these years.  I think I will spend an extra day on a San Diego trip and take PCH as far as I can.  

Here are some pictures along the way and you can see the ocean.   It is, of course, off to the left. 

There were palm trees,

and bicyclists,

and some two-lane stretches.

Here there were new condos/apts on the inland side and it seemed the highway was lower than the ocean here, hence the high berm. 

This bunch of houses with their lush palm plantings have been here for many years. 

There are some serious light posts.  See the ocean on the horizon.

And more ocean.  It is a long way to another trace of land.

#   #   # 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's some insane green grass in the second picture...in this climate?