Thursday, January 21, 2021

Great program - Teresa Duryea Wong 01-20-21

Monday evening was the January ZOOM meeting for Canyon Quilters of San Diego and they had one of the best speakers I have heard in many a year.  Teresa Duryea Wong presented a fascinating program about COTTON.  She covered some history, how and where it is grown today, information about American grown cotton, weaving and dyeing, and much more.  Very educational, but so interesting.  Teresa is a journalist, a researcher, an author, and, of course, a quilt maker.  If you ever get a chance don't miss her COTTON presentation.  Check out her website and her blog.   www.teresaduryeawong.com     www.thirdfloorquiltsblogspot.com

This is one of Teresa's quilts uploaded from her website. 

I was amazed when she recognized my name and says she reads my blog!!  So, Hello, Teresa, hope you enjoy this promotion.  It was a great hour.  

#   #   #





2 comments:

Loretta said...

Good Morning and Thank you Del for introducing me to Theresa. The quilt you posted is quite varied in fabric choice! Wow! I will follow up to learn more about Theresa and her story of cotton. Take care and stay well.

abelian said...

I’ve passed this along to a couple of guild program chairs. There’s a tiny typo in your link to her blog. Dottie