Monday, January 18, 2021

Things discovered 01-18-21

I want to make a special card for someone so I dug out my box of miscellaneous fiber postcard materials.  And I found several uncompleted cards from unknown dates. I rather like this one and vaguely remember making it.  The pieces are just fused down, yet to be stitched, and I had done some embroidery details.  I think she needs a leg resting on the branch. The background fabric is from a class on using a gel plate.  It wasn't a technique that thrilled me and I have never used the gel plate again.  Wonder where it is?  The piece is about 6" square, so it could be a mug rug rather than a postcard.   I think I'll finish this and send it on its way soon.  

But not tomorrow as I have PTherapy in the morning and then... Hurrah! ... my first vaccine in the afternoon at the Kaiser Hospital nearby.  The weather forecasters are predicting very high winds so the vaccine site at Disneyland is closed.  Those with reservations there must be really disappointed.  Going through the process of making an appointment is so odious that the thought of doing it again would be overwhelming.  Has there ever been anything as mishandled as this vaccination process?  In this electronic world it seems it could have been a lot easier.
#   #   # 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your bird! I understand your very real concerns, but hope for good things to come for your country as you move forward and heal the divisions.
Keep safe and well.