Sunday, December 17, 2023

New quilt in TCQC 12-17-23

This past year I have gone overboard with quilts for the Collection.  But each one has been special.  This quilt was part of a traveling SAQA exhibit that ended recently.  Several years  ago when the exhibit first started I cut out a picture and pinned it on my wall. So, when I saw the actual quilt was now available, how could I resist?  

  "Can This Be Me?"  Bodil Gardner - Denmark  1999?
Cotton fabric, batting, thread, metallic net.  Machine applique, machine quilting

The appliques are sewn down with zigzag on the background.  After sandwiching the quilting is done with straight stitch on top of the zig-zag.

Two places have metallic net applied.

Lots of information, but no date or size.  I'll have to add that information. 

#   #   #



3 comments:

Kathleen Fields said...

I LOVE this one!

Sherrie Spangler said...

This is so fun!

abelian said...

I knew right away this was a Bodil Gardner quilt! I love her work, and am happy that this quilt found its “forever home” with you. Dottie