Thursday, January 4, 2024

Tree Quilts by Del 01-04-24

When I was looking through my photos yesterday for leaves I kept seeing trees quilts, some  of which I have made.  I have always been a tree hugger and enjoy making quilts showing them. 

I think of Saguaros as trees.  This is done with Ruth B. MdDowell's technique - cut pieces, sew right sides together, open, press, add another piece, etc. 

"Winter in the City" -  pieced and fused.


An autumn tree - fusible applied and design cut in one piece.

"The Pink Tree"  12X12 for SAQA  online auction .It sold!

"Put a Roof Over Our Heads"
For the Alliance for American Quilts challenge 2007.
Voted 2nd place!   16"L X  13"W  Fused

Done for a demonstration - fused strip background with fused tree motif.


"Three Palms"  2007   8.5"X11"  pieced and fused
Part of the Quilt Journal Project  2002-2007

"Welcome Home"  2021  Pieced and fused 36"W X 48"L

#    #    #


3 comments:

Loretta said...

Thank you....I've not seen any of these quilts before...thanks for finally sharing them with us!

aileyn Ecob said...

I love your tree quilts, Del! Never have seen them before. I love trees, too. and make tree quilts. Aileyn

Sherrie Spangler said...

Beautiful, all of them. You should share more of your quilts!