Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Fish in a Bottle" 06-24-08

I discovered "Fish in a Bottle" about eight months ago. It is very local, less than a mile, and has become very popular. They serve sushi and also steak, chicken, fish - so there are options for fellow diners who can't manage raw fish. Sushi is one of my favorite dine-out foods and this restaurant serves excellent sushi. They have an entire page of rolls, some of which are rather strange, but delicious. I was hesitant about sushi with blueberry jam, but found it quite a treat. The presentations are lovely and I have been meaning to photograph a plate when it is first served, but my appetite takes over and before I remember my camera I have eaten all of my dinner!
Liz came again today - SUCH a slave driver! She has three times as much energy as I and keeps me moving when I am ready to throw my hands in the air. Today we 'packaged' four chairs for storage - one chair tipped up on another, tied with fabric strips to keep them together, wrapped with bubble wrap and covered with very large black plastic trash bags. Then we hauled them up into the loft in the garage. I thought about the attic, but it gets extremely hot up there and there is no air circulation. It does get hot in the garage, but at least there is a turban on the roof and I keep the door propped open a lot of the time. Hope the chairs survive. We also finished putting the magazines in boxes for me to deliver to the library for the Friends of the Library sale, and moved a large table into the living room (aka "studio") to begin sorting fabric. Surely this will be the hardest part - I won't want to dispose of any of it! Hope I can find someone who would like two giant trash bags full of scraps. Whatever I put in the 'reject' pile will go to a guild 'rummage' sale. After Liz has her choice, of course!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

I bet you are tired! It is so hard, but rewarding!!I'm anxious to hear you are almost finished...