Sunday, June 22, 2008

Whale watching blog 06-22-08

A friend posted this blog on her blog and now I am posting it on mine. It is a great blog with fantastic pictures of the things one sees when whale watching on a boat out of San Francisco.



Last year my Book Group read "Devil's Teeth" by Susan Casey which explores the presence of white sharks around the Farallon Islands (known among mariners as the Devil's Teeth for their jagged appearance and inhospitable waters) located just thirty miles west of the Golden Gate. Fascinating book. I understand it was also made into a documentary film.

Corky's parents came home about 5pm and I drove home to Placentia. It is much cooler both here and in LBeach. But summer has arrived, so what can we expect? The price we pay for mild winters, I guess.

3 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Thanks, Del! After having recently been in the area, this blog is a fabulous way to remind ourselves of the majesty of these creatures and the scenic beauty of the area!

jpsam said...

Wow! What fantastic pictures! Thanks for blogging about this.
joan

meggie said...

Thanks for the link. I linked you on my blog today. I also checked out the Whale site, & am most impressed.