Saturday, June 28, 2008

Looking Back 06-27-08

Organizing makes me nostalgic. It is all the bits and pieces I come across, especially those little bags of scraps left from a finished quilt. I don't know why I keep them unless it is to remind me of the process involved in making a specific quilt... like this one.

"Red Fence" 2006 Del Thomas 40"W x 32"L
A few years ago in June I was working on this quilt. I was trying to make the fence float and I was successful in that. I think the large print yellow/green on the bottom right was a mistake, it is too distracting.

The perspective quilting lines on the green section give an illusion of looking down rows of crops to the horizon. The blue section is quilted with my standard 'sunflower' motif using variegated thread. Someday I will revisit this design idea in more earthy colors.
I'm sorry I couldn't post this last night - sometimes computers have a mind of their own!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

meggie said...

Well, I really like that quilt. I thought the right side green balances out the left side blue. Does that make sense? Just the way I see it.

Frogdancer said...

I loved that quilt!
I've only started quilting. Currently I've made a quilt for 3 of my 4 sons. Today I start cutting for Jack (no 4 son's) quilt. (I figure that by the time I've made quilts for the boys, I should know enough to make a REALLY GOOD one for me....) Does it work like that?