Friday, August 15, 2008

Delicious! 08-15-08

When I went to South Carolina in the early 1970s to meet the family of my husband-to-be we also visited one of his college roommates in Charleston. I don't remember what else we had for breakfast, once I had tasted tree ripened peaches and fat, juicy blueberries together I wasn't interested in anything else! Since that day I have served them many times, including this morning. The taste always brings back the entire experience and atmosphere of so many years ago. I have other taste 'memories', but this one is very strong. Do you have taste memories?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dee said...

One look at my chunky little self and you would know all about my food memories. Most involve my German grandmother who cooked most meals in my home when I was young. Other memories are from having a family in the restaurant business and lunches in Manhattan when I was a young woman.

Rayna said...

It must be in the air, Del - check my blog post of a couple of days ago entitled It's Raining.

Terry Grant said...

Oh yes. Last week in Seattle I found tree tomatos, as they are called in Ecuador, at the QFC around the corner from our hotel. The first time I have ever seen them available in the US. They were called "tamarillos" and were from New Zealand, but one taste and I was tasting my first tree tomato in Quito all over again. Yummmm.