Saturday, August 16, 2008

Boat Reflections 08-16-08

Some quilt artists do such wonderful things with reflections on water - Pauline Burbidge and Dan Olfe among them. I've been taking reflection pictures for years, but doubt I will ever have the artistry to create a quilt from them.
Corky and I drove down to his house in Long Beach today. It was at least twenty degrees cooler there in the evening, so we went for a second walk of the day. After walking (and sniffing and marking and "doing business") Corky was still ready to go on and his nanny was dragging her tail. Although it was cooler the humidity was high and that did me in. Late in the day the reflections were well defined - there is a little bit of oil on the water in the lower left corner of the picture, which is a definite violation of the rules. I'm sure someone called the boat owner on it, the boaters in the area are diligent about keeping the water clean.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: