Monday, August 11, 2008

Memories of Seattle 2004 08-11-08

The Association of Pacific Northwest Quilters Quilt Fest was held this past weekend in Seattle. I went to the first event in 1994 and every other year until 2006 when I had my leg in a cast and just couldn't manage the trip. This year I missed again, partially due to the price of gas, which makes me sad because I think it is the best of the regional shows - at least those that I have attended. I've always found the quilts original and well made.
These pictures were taken in 2004.

Until this year Quilt Fest has been held at the Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is located). I always spend some time people watching at this fountain which is in the center of a great bowl. The water flies in tune with music, between recordings the fountain is still and the kids all gather around, jumping, splashing, patiently waiting for the music and the water to start again.



When the water starts some run screaming for the rim, others dance and cavort, running in and out of the falling water. Fascinating.



Here is an artsy shot of the Space Needle, now, I suppose, the absolute icon of Seattle.
Blogs that have reported on Quilt Fest this year:


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

meggie said...

It is a shame you couldn't go. Thanks for the links, I loved seeing those quilts.
Had a giggle about the Chinese food names.

Gerrie said...

Del, You should fly to Portland and take the train with us, next time - 2010. Maybe gas will be cheaper then.