Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Longing for the open road! 08-12-08

Traveling NE on US-54 in southern Kansas - May 2007

Yes, I am longing to hit the road - anywhere! Almost every year since 1974 I've spent part of the summer driving around the USA. This year I haven't been out of the LA Basin since April - for lots of different reasons, the price of gas high on the list. But my itchy foot is really getting to me. Before the end of the month I will drive up to stay with Mary for a few days and see the traveling Jellies (formerly called Jellyfish!) exhibit at the Monterey Aquarium - it will move to a different area of the country on September first. I may take the long way home, but I can't stay away too long - the house awaits.

The house painter told me this morning he won't be finished until Thursday, but that's okay, it is looking better every day. Now if the gardener I talked to last week comes through, the yard will soon match the freshly painted house!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

YAY! I love to go along on your road trips!!!
I hope the gardner comes through for you! That is such a nice present to give yourself!