Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Feet 10-28-11

I was drinking my latte at Starbucks the other day and suddenly there seemed to be lots of little girls with their adult keepers.  Coffee break time, I guess.  I don't remember being small, do you?  Oh, there are a few vivid "snapshots".
 Once my dad put me up on the ladder so we were eye to eye - I thought how amazingly tall he was.  I was younger than four at the time.
In the second grade I was living with little grandmother in Los Angeles and one day I was able to get on the red cars without a boost from someone.  I expected applause!  


I wonder if this cute little gal in her retro jacket will remember being surrounded by people twice as tall as she.  Mostly kids must see our feet and our knees.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meggie said...

Sly supermarets make sure to display sweets and novelties at 'little people' eye level. I have often thought how terrifying it must be to be spoken to, sternly, by adults, when one is small. I often try to sit, or bend to their level, to communicate.

Anonymous said...

I remember being able to walk under the dining room table and only ducking my head to keep from whacking my forehead on the wide edge.

And holding the screen door wide open and looking up at the tall doctor who came too late when my great grandma died. I studied his black medical bag which was at my eye level while my gram told him she was gone.

Memory pictures.