Thursday, February 22, 2018

Still getting ready for Sue Benner class 02-22-18

I brought some fabrics from my fabric library, some that I purchased at the Quilt Cupboard going-out-of-business sale, and about nine yards that I purchased at Back Porch yesterday.  Today I sliced all the fabrics up into fat quarters and half yards, and put one set of fat quarters in my box I share with my classmates.  Then I went through all the fabrics and selected those for the class.  Then I cut (as Sue indicated on the materials list) 9"x18"  pieces to apply fusing to the backs, a task I will complete tomorrow.  I have 27 fabrics at this point. It takes a lot of time and work to get ready for a class like this.  But I know that it is imperative to fuse the fabric before one gets to class, or spend the first day fusing - waste of class time.  I will have all the rest of the fabric in a box in the classroom so that I can change my mind, or Sue can change my mind.  I can always go shopping at the on-premises Cotton Patch shop or drive into Pacific Grove to Back Porch.  Which I will probably do anyway!  I continue to add to my lifetime collection, even though I know I shouldn't.  The temptation is too great. 

It has been very cold here, as I understand it is everywhere.  I don't watch the news or read it on the computer or listen to the radio.  The time at Empty Spools and here at Mary & Joe's house is purely vacation and I just cut myself off from everything else.   So, wherever you are, I hope you are able to keep warm and dry.  There were some sprinkles here today, but they didn't amount to much.  

Mary has offered me the use of her camera (Nikon Cool Pix) but I can't make it work and the manual is not a lot of help.  I'll have to call someone for help tomorrow.  There is no cell service up here in the canyon, but I wonder if my phone will still take pictures??  I'll have to give it a try in the morning before I start my fusing marathon.  
#   #   #


1 comment:

marylouweidman said...

Oh boy I am in class with you! The downside? I have done no cutting due to quilts I had to finish the past month. Sigh. Oh well. I am there to enjoy and relax. Hope I can seeing how far behind I am going to be. But thank you for your note Del. Looking forward to seeing you!
Mary Lou