Monday, July 26, 2010

Quilt Festival - Long Beach #6 07-26-10

I thought this was one of the most exciting exhibits at the show and have heard at least a dozen other viewers express the same thought.

"Piccadilly Square" Gyleen X. Fitzgerald, quilted by Beth A. Hanlon- Ridder. Approx 38" square
"The strips used are from three previous quilts using my hand-dyed fabrics. I was surprised I had kept the leftovers together so they were very easy to locate even though several years had passed since I made the original quilts. The border fabric came from a lovely little shop in Austin, Texas. I love the fact that there are more colors in the pineapple blocks than in the border fabric, yet it all reads so harmoniously." Gyleen

"Really Red" Charlotte Noll - Machine Pieced and Quilted, Hand beaded with dark red faceted beads around the inside edge of the binding. The black around the quilt is the curtain behind.
"Birds Fly Over the Rainbow" Barbara Polston quilted by Beth A. Hanlon-Ridder
Approx. 38" square The black around the edge is the curtain behind.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I loved the Pineapple quilts! Thanks for the pictures!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

That border fabric was perfect on the Picadilly Squares quilt. I have enjoyed seeing the quilt show via your blog.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the pics!

Rayna said...

What fun! Don't want to make them but love looking at them. More quirky quilts - no wonder they are so popular. Thanks!

Charlotte said...

Del

I just happened upon your blog today and was so excited to see the picture of my Really Red quilt.

I'm so glad you liked the exhibit and I was really thrilled to have my quilt at the Long Beach and Houston shows in this exhibit.

Come join the fun - Facebook page:
Trash to Treasure Pineapple Quilt Challenge https://www.facebook.com/groups/140536345959065

thanks again
charlotte