Thursday, July 29, 2010

Quilt Festival - Long Beach #9 07-29-10

This quilt is from "Hands All Around XXV: International Quilts".
"Show Me The Road To Timbuktu, Take My Hand And Let Us Go." (Approx. 60"W x 40"L)

Bodil Gardner - Lystrup, Denmark http://www.bodilgardner.dk/

I have always enjoyed Bodil's work and have two 12x12 pieces in TCQC. The little whimsical details are delightful - see the little patch on the hem of this lady's skirt, the cup in her hand, the funny little sheep in the background.

Part of the special exhibit "West Coast Wonders 2010"

Great quilt - good color, a variety of shapes, and repetition to emphasis the shapes. (Approx 28"W x 34"L)
www.sandralauterbach.com Reading Sandra's Bio I learned that her parents started Alexander Henry Fabric Co. That is quite a background for an art quilt maker!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

I just love Bodil's work. It is the little details that make her work so special.

Terry Grant said...

I also love Bodil's work! Oh, to have that sense of whimsey!

Patty ♣ said...

This is one of the quilts I wanted to take a picture of at the Long Beach Festival! Bodil Gardner, from Denmark.. I just loved this! Thank you! Sandra's quilt is lovely too!

June said...

What fun.