Tuesday, August 30, 2011

APNW QShow - Traditionals 08-30-11

Here are some large, traditional quilts that impressed me.  There was one whole cloth quilt that was fabulously hand quilted, but somehow I missed taking a picture.  It is frustrating to be looking at the quilts and taking pictures from a seated position - although I did stand up to take some pictures, including these very large works.


This is a white quilt, but I darkened the exposure to better show the intricate machine quilting.


Expert reverse applique done by hand and very nice, precise machine quilting - done in an unusual pattern.  My first thought on viewing this quilt was the Aunt Jane pattern, but I think I like this very crisp design better. 



Another wonderfully quilted whole cloth quilt.  Nice that she acknowledged the source of the designs that were not her original efforts.  I am amazed at what some quilters can do on a long-arm machine.


Another gorgeous bed quilt - I love the little flower buds in the stars.  I don't know the reason, but I could not modify this picture to crop to the star or sharpen the image.  Never happened before - an ideas?

Tonight I am at Mary and Joe's outside of San Juan Bautista - so peaceful and quiet after so many days and nights on the road.  While I am here for a few days I will try to post all of the pictures from the QShow in Tacoma.   Tonight I will be in bed by midnight - Hurrah!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty Benner Young said...

Thank you so much for posting photos...I really look forward to your blog!

Christine Thresh said...

You drove all the way from Beaverton, Oregon to San Juan Bautista in a day?!!!
Amazing