Saturday, September 3, 2011

APWQ QShow 09-03-11

I'm still with Mary and Joe outside of San Juan Bautista, but tomorrow is drive time again and I will be home to face the wreckage of being gone for three weeks.  That big box of mail awaits! 
These are the last pictures from Association of Pacific West Quilters Quilt Show. 


A very different design from Colleen, but she has still used her very distinctive shadows.
 
I am familiar with Andi's applique works and her optic designs, but this is the first of her art quilts I have seen.  Nice Shibori.  She was one of the few California artists with quilts in the show.  I hope to see more California quilts next time.


 
It is no surprise that this very original piece comes from Cynthia.  She does some of the most amazing things with her quilts.  This is a fabric perpetual calendar - one just rearranges the velcroed blocks at the beginning of each month.   I love the 28 little sticks and those 31white buttons.  Each date is unique and sooo clever.



This was the most unusual quilt at the show.  I don't understand it at all, but it certain attracted my attention.
 

This quilt has a beautiful texture, both the surface of the fabric and the quilting.  The detail photo was taken of the area at the bottom of the tall light colored structure.  I may need to take this class from Janet Fogg!


Wonderful paper piecing.  Fabulous machine quilting.  Lovely Norman.


This quilt is part of the traveling exhibit "Living Colour" (the Canadian/Great Britain spelling!) which was to be auctioned at the banquet.  But the banquet was under subscribed and needed to be cancelled.  They announced that an online auction will be held.  As I said before I will post the information when it is available.  
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Love you! You will pass our Holli, moving to Vallejo, CA- on your trips.. God bless your travels, each one of you!

Loretta said...

Once again, some many wonderful quilts provide a huge amount of inspiration....back to the sketchbook and sewing machine...and, of course, to purchase a few new pieces of fabric! Thanks so much for another journey.