Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mt Vernon to Hillsboro, OR 08-27-11

I'm on my way home now.  So, mostly I just have "road" pictures.
As I drove from the north into Seattle I took about eight shots trying to get the Space Needle from the moving car - this is the only decent picture.
 
The mountains here stand alone, so they pop up in the haze where I least expect them to be. 

Here is another picture of Rainier - it has somehow moved over to my left!

Just visible in the haze - the headless Mt. Saint Helens.

At lease three red vehicles!  The one 2nd in the lane ahead of me might also be dark red!

Across the mighty Columbia River.  All the bodies of water that I have seen on this trip are full to the top.

I took a swing to the east of Portland to stop at Fabric Depot looking for 100% cotton (no poly, no spandex) knit to make a few replacements for my summer nighties.  Hard to find any other place I have looked, but I was successful here.  Acid green with little flowers - Corky won't mind.   
 
This area of the store is the very least expensive fabric they (and maybe anyone else) carries. I didn't check out the "cage" this trip.  Do I need more quilt fabric?  NO.

Just so you will have the address.  They do carry everything!

I finally made it to Hillsboro, OR, to a Holiday Inn Express.  It was a late arrival after I had lallygagged along all day and I was hungry.  I found a tiny Japanese sushi bar, Yuki, and ate an "Orange Blossom" roll with a cucumber salad and a cup of tea.
 
 The "Orange Blossom" is made with tempura shrimp,cucumber and rice topped with salmon, avocado and tobiko (flying fish roe) and it was delicious.  The perfect light meal for so late in the evening.  The sushi chef used to live in Los Angeles, but feels this is a better place to raise his now five month old daughter.  Hope he is right.  
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Safe travels. Wish you could linger in the area longer and have dinner with us tonight.

Meggie said...

Loved seeing your road pics. I love Sushi, any time of day!